Pages

Thursday, March 17, 2011

Mmmm....Breakfast....Nom...Nom...Nom...

Guilty as charged.....
Sometimes I go to bed thinking about and looking forward to what I'm going to have for breakfast the next day.

I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE breakfast.

I absolutely love pancakes, waffles, and all that sugary goodness.  However, I do not absolutely love the hard crash that comes after eating it.  These types of breakfasts are reserved for days when I am not required to think or move quickly and are rare and special occasions.

If you are like me, I can only handle eggs a few times a week.  I like eggs, but I don't like them EVERY SINGLE DAY....Boooooorrrrring!!!!!  I like to change things up and keep it exciting.

Here are three of my favorite "clean" breakfast choices that don't include the sugary junk that make you feel like garbage all morning, or the same ol' same ol' plain ol' eggs.  

Some of these are Paleo, others are Paleo/Zone.  Do what works for you!

I. REAL CEREAL:
*I usually pair this with some bacon or sausage links.
*not my picture...borrowed from ?...sorry
Ingredients:

1/2 C. Strawberries
1/4 C. Blueberries and/or sliced Banana
3-6 Almonds and/or Walnuts-Chopped
1/2 C. UnSweetend Almond Milk
Dash of Vanilla *Optional
Sprinkle of Cinnamon *Optional 

Instructions:
Slice up fruit, add chopped nuts, and almond milk.  Add a dash of vanilla and sprinkle cinnamon.
**Any combination of fruit/nuts are fabulous!**



II. ALMOST OATMEAL:
*I usually pair this with bacon or sausage links and a small serving of fruit, i.e. banana/apple.
*my picture

Ingredients:

1/2 C. UnSweetened Apple Sauce
3 TBS Coconut Milk
1 TBS Crunchy Almond Butter
2 TBS Pure Egg Protein Powder-Vanilla
Dash of Vanilla *Optional
Sprinkle of Cinnamon *Optional

Intstructions:
Add UnSweetened Apple Sauce, Coconut Milk, Almond Butter, Protein Powder, and Vanilla to small sauce pan.  (Or bowl if you prefer to microwave).  Heat on low just until warm.  (Do not over heat or it will get lumpy and "egg-like").  Sprinkle Cinnamon on top.  



III.  YOGURT MEDLEY:
*I usually pair this with bacon or sausage.
*my picture
Ingredients:

1/2 C. Plain Organic Yogurt
2 TBS Pure Egg Protein Powder-Vanilla
1/2 C. Grapes or 1/3 Banana or 1/2 C. Strawberries
Dash of Vanilla *Optional
Sprinkle of Cinnamon
 


Instructions:


Add Yogurt and vanilla to bowl and mix well.  Add Protein powder and mix well.  Slice fruit in and Mix again.  Sprinkle cinnamon on top.   Sometimes I slice up almonds and sprinkle them on top as well.
**Any combination of fruit/nuts are fabulous!** 

***(Of course... modify measurements as needed for your serving size)*** 

No comments:

Post a Comment