Pages

Friday, April 1, 2011

Sooo Easy... Sooo Good.


This meal is so easy and it is sooooo good. 

Slow cooked chuck roast beef and jalapenos, garnished with yummy avocado and cilantro, topped with home made pico de gallo.  

What I did:
I love this meal because I can put it on before I leave to work in the morning and it is pretty much done by the time I get home.  I simply placed a chuck roast into my crockpot with some minced garlic, salt, and pepper.  I cooked it on low for about 7-8 hours or until tender.   You will know when it is done when it almost falls apart.  *(You can also cook it on high for about 5 hours).  If you like a little flavor, cut up jalapenos into long slices and add them to the meat with in the final hour so they can cook and soften up a little.  
I usually trim off a some of the fat, because as you know, chuck roast tends to be a little more fatty, however, the flavor is fabulous!

I shredded up the meat using a fork and a knife.  It should be sooooo tender that it basically just falls apart.  I garnished the meat with sliced avocado and some cilantro.  

I also made some home made pico de gallo as a topper.  

Instructions for pico:  
Chop up about 4 tomatos, 1-2 jalapenos, a little onion, and some cilantro.  Add salt and garlic powder to taste.... *some fresh squeezed lime juice is great if you have it.... Voilla!!!!!

I paired this dish with some fruit.  

Deliciosio!!!  

No comments:

Post a Comment