Pages

Sunday, June 26, 2011

It's all about being prepared...

We can all sing the same tune, "I'm just too busy to prepare my meals, so I don't really have a choice to eat healthier.  I eat what I can, when I can."


When it comes to eating clean, it's all about being prepared.  

Here is mine and Jared's personal story about how we have put in a little effort to make better choices towards eating clean:   


Jared does not have the opportunity to come home for lunch, nor does he eat fast food.  Therefore, he has to pack a lunch everyday.

This is what his lunch USED to look like:  a peanut butter and jelly sandwich, salt and vinegar chips, and an apple.  To him, this seemed like the only feasible option at the time.  He needed something that would not go bad in extreme heat.

Meanwhile, I had the luxury of coming home for lunch.  I'd enjoy a gourmet salad.

I kept telling him that there had to be a better option for him.  I suggested that we buy a little insulated lunch box and told him that I would be willing to make a salad for him every day.

After purchasing the lunch box, this is what is NEW lunch looks like:  a gourmet salad, a small bag of almonds, (I add an apple and a shaker with protein powder just in case he has an extremely long day and needs a little something extra).

With in days he noticed a big difference in his energy levels.  Now, several months later, he has stated how much better he feels, preforms, and looks.  He doesn't crash right after lunch and has energy through out the day.  

Yes, it takes a little bit of effort and work, but believe it or not, it is actually easier on the both of us during the week and it is definitely worth it.

This is what we do to prepare for the work week:

Every Sunday evening, we grill A TON of chicken breast tenderloins.  Then we make an awesome green salad with all sorts of colorful greens and veggies and store them in containers.

Every evening during the work week, I grab a handful of salad and veggies and throw it into a Tupperware container along with about 4 ounces of grilled chicken.  Then I either add some sliced almonds or avocado and salad dressing.  Meanwhile, Jared prepares a little baggie of almonds, a shaker with one scoop of protein powder, and throws an apple into his lunch box.  It takes us less than 5 minutes to make his lunch.

This is proof that with minimal effort eating clean is do-able and yields maximum benefits.


No comments:

Post a Comment